Photos taken by Katherine Hemond.
www.hemondink.com

Monday, March 4, 2013

Today is the day, to display at Kerbey Lane Cafe


I cannot believe  the beginning of March is already here! As many of you know I am putting up my very first art exhibit at Kerbey Lane Cafe, Central in Austin, TX today. There has been lots of planning and collaboration throughout the production process; thanks to all who helped make it possible! Organizing 25 various sized images to be printed and mounted on bamboo is no small feat. Thanks to my new friends at Plywerk (www.plywerk.com), 179 lbs of beautiful prints on unbelievable beautiful handmade bamboo panels were in transit to arrive this past Friday at my sister's house in Austin. Every time I heard a diesel engine I ran to look out the window in anticipation for the UPS truck. As you can imagine, every other car in Texas is a truck so there were many false alarms.

Moving the party outside was perfect solution with sunshine, a cold beer, and birds chirping in the trees/cactus it was a picture perfect scene (pun intended!). Upon the arrival of UPS, poor Tim the driver was subjected to a 70-200mm lens in his face, good thing he had a sense of humor and strong muscles.

Finally the packages were here and I was seeing my prints on the bamboo panels for the very first time! What an amazing feeling it was, an out of body experience really. One image was as beautiful as the next.

At 4pm today my team (Chris, Elizabeth and Ryan) will help me install my photographs! Seeing how exciting the arrival of the art work was I can't imagine how incredible it is going to be to see all 25 pieces up on the wall! I will post about it tomorrow.

If you're in Austin today, come by the Kerbey Lane Cafe, Central (3704 Kerbey Lane) around 6pm for the opening night.  My photographs will be displayed until May 1. You can also view and purchase online at: www.hemondink.com/kerbeylane







No comments:

Post a Comment