Photos taken by Katherine Hemond.
www.hemondink.com

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

24/7 until May, hurray!


THANK YOU for all the love and support. 
Last night was everything I had hoped it to be. I even had a classmate from the photography program I attended at Boston University Center for Digital Imaging Arts stop in. What were the chances her visit unknowingly overlapped my opening? It really felt full circle.

As expected it was such an amazing feeling to see all my images floating on the walls and what was even more amazing was to hear the conversations it created about photography amongst the diners. 
  
I was most in awe with the macro photographs. To see a small acorn span 20 inches tall and a tiny tiny snowflake come to life. It was hard to leave my art work behind, but I am excited to see what opportunities it may bring! 

So if you are in Austin don't forget to stop by Kerbey Lane Cafe (3704 Kerbey Lane), Central for some delicious food and to check out the exhibit. It will be on display 27/7 until May 1. 
 




Of course I couldn't resist photographing this sweet feral kitty as we were leaving at the end of the evening. It reminded me how in love I am with my Nikon D700. Even at ISO 5000 and a slow shutter speed I was able to get quality images. Great ending to a perfect night.

1/40 sec, f/2.8, IS0 5000
24-70@70mm








2 comments:

  1. Amazing work as always Katherine. My favorite is the bee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking it out! Good to know favorite is busy bee ;)

      Delete